Over the course of our company's history we have established an impeccable reputation for total professionalism. Colburn Electric is committed to safety, health and environmental regulations. It is our goal to complete all projects in an efficient, productive manner that incorporates safe work processes and strong safety awareness.
Colburn Electric crews often work under unusual and challenging situations. That’s why Colburn places the highest importance on the safety and health of our employees and our customers. We develop innovative work methods that maximize safety and efficiency. Our reputation for technical sophistication and safety practices help attract the best people available, a dynamic that nourishes our technical advancements.
It is the policy of Colburn Electric to provide a safe and healthful workplace for all its employees. To help insure that goal we have implemented a safety program that meets or exceeds the requirements of all Federal and State regulations in Oklahoma. To ensure full understanding and compliance with the program, a Safety Communication System is presented to all levels of the Colburn team. Each employee participates in mandatory weekly safety meetings. Safety training and education are part of our Safety Program, as we believe that training helps reinforce safe work habits. In addition, our Project Managers will visit each jobsite on a regular basis to ensure safe work habits are in place. An executive summary of our safety program will be provided on request.
We demonstrate our belief in safety daily through the following:
· Develop and communicate our safety and health policy to all or employees.
· Provide safety orientation for new employees.
· Provide refresher training on a routine basis.
· OSHA 10 hour safety certification for all supervisory employees.
· Conduct worksite analysis – evaluate all project specific activities and processes for hazards.
· Conduct Hazard Prevention and Control – eliminate and control hazards.
· Demonstrate management commitment by instilling accountability for safety and health, obeying safety rules and reviewing accident reports.
· Test all non-contractual employees for substance abuse.
· Record and analyze safety performance and communicate this to the employees.
Colburn Electric maintains a safety director on staff to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and our customers. We have compiled a very good safety record and we are continually working hard to keep it that way. Also to insure the highest quality of employees, workmanship and safety, Colburn Electric participates in the Electrical Industry Drug Free Workplace program and performs random drug screening of all its employees.
MANAGEMENT OF SAFETY
We diligently pursue the management of safety on all our project sites. We work under a system that mandates training, communication, and a daily monitoring process so that accidents can be avoided. We train each office and field supervisor to be a designated Safety Supervisor. They watch for potential problems, and report any deficiencies to the designated safety contact for correction and improvement on a daily basis.
We are committed to eliminating injuries & controlling claim costs!